Havasu Falls is arguably one of the most spectacular and picturesque waterfalls in the United States. Located in Northern Arizona, it is a 10-mile trek through a deep canyon from the parking lot to the falls. The water is a beautiful turquoise blue and it plunges down a 100-foot limestone cliff to the refreshing swimming hole below.
And further downstream you’ll find Mooney Falls and Beaver Falls. While they aren’t as notorious as Havasu, they are every bit as beautiful. The hike to Beaver falls from Mooney Falls is about 2.3 miles one-way and there are several water crossings to get there (read more detail about the hike here). You may also want to wade around in the pools below both Havasu and Mooney Falls where the rocks can be slippery and difficult to see. So packing a pair of durable and lightweight water shoes is highly recommended.
Check out this list of the best water shoes for your journey to Havasu Falls. And be sure to read our complete Havasu Falls packing guide to help you prepare for the epic adventure that awaits you!
- Best Women’s Water Shoes for Havasu Falls
- Best All-Around: KEEN Whisper Sandals
- Best Lightweight Sandal: Teva Verra Sandals
- Best Eco-Friendly: Chaco Zvolv 2 Sandals
- Best Value for the Money: Aleader Mesh Slip-on Water Shoes
- Best Stylish Sandal: Crocs Sexi Flip Sandals
- Best Men’s Water Shoes for Havasu Falls
- Best All-Around: KEEN Arroyo II Sandals
- Best Lightweight Sandal: Teva Hurricane XLT Sandals
- Best Value for the Money: ATIKA Men’s Sports Sandals
- Most Comfortable: Crocs Swiftwater Wave
Disclaimer: This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase or booking through one of our links we may earn a small commission (don’t worry, it’s at no extra cost to you).
Best Women’s Water Shoes for Havasu Falls
Best All-Around: KEEN Whisper Sandals
If your pack is already too heavy and you can’t bear the thought of bringing both hiking shoes AND water shoes to Havasu Falls, then these KEEN’s are perfect for you – they can be both! Offering both comfort and functionality, you can wear these during your exhausting 10-mile trek to the campsite, and then keep them on while wading through the water crossings en route to Beaver Falls.
Benefits of the KEEN Whisper Sandals
- Synthetic webbing straps that are designed to mold to your feet.
- Quick-draw elastic cord lacing keeps them snug even when submerged in water.
- Water-resistant lining and an antimicrobial Aegis Microbe Shield treatment keeps away funky foot odors.
- Stellar traction for clambering over rocks during your trek.
Best Lightweight Sandal: Teva Verra Sandals
Tevas are a leader in water sandals as they are comfortable, durable, and lightweight. While we wouldn’t recommend that you do the entire 10-mile trek in these, they are easy to clip to the outside of your pack and won’t weigh you down. They also offer great traction to keep you from slipping on the rocks that lie under the water.
Benefits of the Teva Verra Sandals
- Durable and quick-dry webbing upper.
- Hook-and-loop closure allows you to get them on and off quickly, even when wet.
- Contoured arch support.
- Antimicrobial technology to reduce odor.
Best Eco-Friendly: Chaco Zvolv 2 Sandals
If you are interested in both exploring and helping the planet, then you’ll love the work that the Chaco brand is doing. Not only are the outsoles of these sandals composed of 25% recycled rubber, but they also donate 3% of after-tax profits to various organizations that care for people and the planet.
Benefits of the Chaco Zvolv 2 Athletic Sandals
- Modern and ultra-light design.
- Polyester jacquard webbing provides a customized and secure fit.
- Textured, vegan-friendly grooves on footbed for traction.
- Contoured arch support for a comfortable trek.
Best Value for the Money: Aleader Mesh Slip-on Water Shoes
If you don’t want to invest in a pair of high-quality water shoes because you’re afraid you’ll only use them once or twice, then the Aleader Mesh Slip-on Water Shoes are perfect for you. They won’t add a lot of weight to your already heavy pack nor will they break the bank.
Benefits of the Aleader Mesh Slip-ons
- Mesh shoes that are breathable and quick-drying.
- Water Grain soles that provide traction in slippery conditions.
- An unbeatable price!
Best Stylish Sandal: Crocs Sexi Flip Sandals
If you’re looking for the water resistance and traction of a water shoe but don’t necessarily like the way they look, then opt for this flip flop sandal from Crocs. They are made from the same Croslite material that the brand is famous for, making them comfortable, lightweight, and with great traction. But because they resemble a flip flop as opposed to a water shoe, you can get more use out of them after your trip is over.
Benefits of the Crocs Sexi Flip Sandals
- An ankle strap to keep them secure when wading through the river.
- A Croslite sole for unbeatable traction.
- A massaging nub footbed to keep your feet comfy, even for long distances.
Best Men’s Water Shoes for Havasu Falls
Best All-Around: KEEN Arroyo II Sandals
This KEEN sandal combines the best features of both a hiking shoe and a water-resistant sandal in one! Offering open side vents for maximum breathability, waterproof leather for wandering through river crossings, and super durable outsoles to cover rough terrain – these will keep you comfortable for all of the hiking you’ll be doing in Havasu Falls.
Benefits of the KEEN Arroyo II Sandals
- Made of water-resistant leather and fabric.
- Bungee lacing system for a snug fit.
- Super durable soles to tackle any extreme terrain.
Best Lightweight Sandal: Teva Hurricane XLT Sandals
The super lightweight Teva Hurricane XLT is the perfect sandal to clip onto your pack and bust out during your hike to Beaver Falls. The contoured footbed will keep you comfortable for long walks and the durable soles provide great traction in both wet and dry conditions.
Benefits of the Teva Hurricane XLT Sandals
- Polyester webbing for a comfortable fit.
- Lightweight and compact.
- A durable rubber sole that provides traction on slippery surfaces.
- Velcro straps make them incredibly easy to get on and take off.
Best Value for the Money: ATIKA Men’s Sports Sandals
These sturdy, durable water shoes are the perfect option if you don’t want to spend a lot of money on shoes you may only wear for this trip. They’ll get you safely through your water crossings and you won’t feel guilty if you decide to toss them afterward because their price is right.
Benefits of the ATIKA Sports Sandals
- Three layers of toe protection for harsh terrain.
- Soft fit lining on straps for a comfortable walk.
- Cushioned midsole.
Most Comfortable: Crocs Swiftwater Wave
These lightweight super flexible water shoes won’t absorb water, are odor-resistant, and are incredibly easy to clean. While they aren’t necessarily meant for trekking on land, they are perfect to slip on and off during your river water crossings. They also make for comfortable footwear while you’re relaxing around camp.
Benefits of the Crocs Swiftwater Wave Shoes
- Lightweight, soft, and flexible.
- Rubber outsoles with grooves that provide traction on slippery surfaces.
- Water-friendly and buoyant.
- Odor-resistant and quick-drying.